All books are in the original cloth hardback binding, and are in good used condition unless otherwise noted.
1. Adams, Thomas. An Exposition upon the Second Epistle General of St. Peter. Ligonier, PA: Soli Deo Gloria, 1990. (First published 1633) DJ. Large octavo (10.5”x7.5”) iv, 899pp $35.
2. Alleine, Richard. Heaven Opened; or A Brief and Plain Discovery of The Riches of God’s Covenant of Grace. New York: American Tract Society, ND. (First published 1665) Small piece missing from bottom of spine, lightly foxed. 388pp $35.
3. Arnold, Charlotte. Whatsoever. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board and Sabbath School Work, 1889. 319pp $20.
4. Ashdowne, Mary. Seasons of Life; with An Introduction on the Creation, and Primeval State of Man. London: Simkin, Marshall, and Co, 1839. iv, 309pp $15.
5. Baker, William. Oak-Mot. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1868. 226pp $25.
6. Bannerman, D. Douglas. The Scripture Doctrine of The Church Historically and Exegetically Considered. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1976. (Reprinted from the 1887 edition.) xv, 589pp $20.
7. Bannerman, James. The Church of Christ: A Treatise on the Nature, Powers, Ordinances, Discipline, and Government of the Christian Church. Edmonton: Still Waters Revival Books, 1991. Two vols. xv, 480; vii, 468pp. Copy 355 of 1100. $55.
8. Barnes, Irene H. Behind the Great Wall, the story of C.E.Z.M.S Work and Workers in China. London: Marshall Brothers, 1896. Black decorative cloth, 184pp. Illustrated. $25.
9. Beattie, Francis R. Apologetics or The Rational Vindication of Christianity. With an Introduction by Benjamin B. Warfield. Richmond: The Presbyterian Committee of Publication, 1903. Vol 1, all printed. Spine crudely taped, some pencil markings, ex libris Robert S. McKee. 605pp. A very scarce Southern Presbyterian work. $30.
10. Beeke, Joel R. Assurance of Faith: Calvin, English Puritanism, and the Dutch Second Reformation. New York: Peter Lang, 1991. xvi, 518pp $60.
11. Belden, Albert. George Whitefield—The Awakener: A Modern Study of the Evangelical Revival. London: Rockliff, 1953. DJ torn with pieces missing top and bottom. xiv, 302pp $15
12. SOLD Berkhof, L. Manual of Christian Doctrine. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1950. Occasional pencil markings. 372pp $15.
13. Berkouwer, G.C. Studies in Dogmatics: The Person of Christ. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1954. DJ slightly chipped, ex library. 368pp. $12.
14. SOLD Boehl, Edward. The Reformed Doctrine of Justification. Translated by C. H. Riedesel. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1946. 308pp. $20.
15. Boettner, Loraine. Studies in Theology. Third Edition. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1953. Book plate of Henry R. Riesdorph. 351pp $15.
16. Boettner, Loraine. The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination. (Sixth edition) Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1948. A bit stained, some penciling at front. 432pp $5.
17. Boston, Thomas. Memoirs of the Life, Time, and Writings of the Reverend and Learned Thomas Boston. With introduction and Notes by George H. Morrison. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1988. (First edition 1899.) DJ, as new. xxxvi, 520pp. $25.
18. SOLD Brown, Elijah P. The Real Billy Sunday: The Life and Work of Rev. William Ashley Sunday, D.D. The Baseball Evangelist. New York: Fleming H. Revel, 1914. Picture of Billy Sunday on the front. 285pp, illustrated. $15.
19. Brown, Helen E. A Hungry Little Lamb. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1888. Decorated cloth; the number 111 written on the spine in dull black ink, apparently someone numbering books in his personal library; there are no other markings, external or internal.. 336pp A story for younger children, “helpful and suggestive … to all those who are interested in work among the children and among the poor in the mission-fields of our thickly-populated cities.” $25.
20. Bunyan, John. The Pilgrim’s Progress. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1990. (Reprinted from 1895 edition) Lacks dust jacket. xii, 379pp, illustrated. $15.
21. Burroughs, An Exposition of the Prophecy of Hosea. Completed by Thomas Hall and Edwards Reynolds, revised and corrected by James Sherman. Introduction by J.I. Packer. Beaver Falls, PA: Soli Deo Gloria, ND (1983). . 11.5”x8.25” viii, 699pp $75.
22. Colquhoun, John. A Treatise on Spiritual Comfort. Second Edition, corrected. Edinburgh: J. Ogle, 1814. Rebound in brown cloth with new end papers. Library stamp and owner’s name on title. Some browning to pages & several pages repaired with tape at front. vi, 414pp. $100.
23. Curnow, Tim, Erroll Hulse, David Kingdon, Geoff Thomas. A Marvelous Ministry: How the All-round Ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon Speaks to us Today. Ligonier: Soli Deo Gloria, 1993. Paperback, minor pencil underlining. xiii, 147pp $4.
24. d’Aubigné, J. H. Merle. The Reformation in England. London: Banner of Truth, 1971. (First published in 1853). Two volumes; slight damp damage to covers. vii, 476; xviii, 507pp; illustrated. $25.
25. Dallimore, Arnold. Spurgeon: A New Biography. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1988. Paperback. xv, 252pp $4
26. Dick, John. Lectures on the Acts of the Apostles. 2nd ed. New York: Robert Carter, 1850. Ex-library, spine taped. vi, 407pp. $15.
27. Dick, John. Lectures on Theology. New York: Robert Carter, 1871. Two volumes bound in one. Ex-library, spine and inner hinges taped, minor underlining. xxii, 532; iv, 576pp $20.
28. Dickens, A. G. The English Reformation. New York: Schocken Books, 1964. Ex-library, with markings. x, 374pp $15.
29. Doddridge, Philip. The Life of the Hon. Colonel Gardiner, who was slain at the Battle of Prestonpans. With an Appendix relating to the Ancient Family of the Munroes of Fowlis. London: J and J Cundee, ND (1813). Contemporary calf, marbled edges, with seven engravings. 284pp $120.
30. Drysdale, A. H. History of the Presbyterians in England: Their Rise, Decline, and Revival. London: Presbyterian Church of England, 1889. xi, 644pp. $40.
31. Duncan, R.S. The History of Sunday Schools, from the Most Ancient Times to the Present, to which is added an Appendix, containing suggestions, illustrations, and principles of teaching, suited to Sunday School Laborers. Memphis: Southern Baptist Publication Society, 1876. Library of Congress surplus stamp. xvi, 303pp. $50.
32. Durham, James. Concerning Scandal, in General, Public Scandals, scandalous Errors, & Scandalous Divisions. Naphtali Press, 1990. New in shrink wrap with dust jacket. 380pp $40.
33. Durham, James. Concerning Scandal, in General, Public Scandals, scandalous Errors, & Scandalous Divisions. Naphtali Press, 1990. New in shrink wrap with dust jacket. 380pp $40.
34. Edwards, Jonathan. Religious Affections, Volume 2. (of the Yale edition of the Works of Jonathan Edwards). Edited by John E. Smith. New Haven: Yale, 1959. Ex-library, book plate of Robert L LaMay. 526pp $15.
35.SOLD Ellis, Charles H. and Norma R. The Wells of Salvation: Meditations on the Prophecy of Isaiah. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1985. Paperback, as new. vii, 219pp $5.
36.SOLD Ferguson, Sinclair B. Deserted by God? Hope for all who do not sense the Lord’s sustaining presence during life’s most troublesome times. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1993. Slight rip to dust jacket, otherwise as new. 182pp FIRST EDITION $25.
37.SOLD Ferguson, Sinclair B. Kingdom Life in a Fallen World. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1986. DJ. 224pp FIRST EDITION $15.
38.SOLD Ferguson, Sinclair B. Discovering God’s Will. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1988. Paperback, some markings in ink and pencil at front. 126pp $2.50
39.SOLD Flavel, John. The Works of John Flavel. Six Volumes. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1982. (First reprinted by Banner of Truth in 1968; first published in this format in1820) Brown cloth, dust jackets. Virtually as new. xx, 561; 609; 608; 586; 666; 637pp $150.
40. Fortune, Alonzo Willard. The Disciples in Kentucky. Kentucky: The Convention of Christian Churches, 1932. 415pp $20.
41. Grandpierre, J. H. Sorrow and Consolation; or, The Gospel Preached under the Cross. Meditations, Dedicated to the Afflicted. London: Nisbet, 1840. Full calf. 7.5”x4.5” 188pp Grandpierre was Doctor of Divinity, Director of the Institute of Evangelical Missions, and Pastor at Paris. $40
42. Griffin, Edward D. The Life and Sermons of Edward D. Griffin. Two volumes. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1987. (First published 1839) 597; 596pp $30.
43.SOLD Griffin, Edward D. A Series of Lectures, delivered in Park Street Church, Boston, on Sabbath Evening. Third edition, revised and corrected. Boston: Crocker and Brewster, 1829. Upper corner of preliminary leaves stained, ex library. vii, 260pp $30
44. Gurnall, William. The Christian in Complete Armour; a Treatise of the Saints’ War against the Devil. With a Biographical Introduction by J.C. Ryle. Two volumes in one. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1989. (This edition first published in 1864) Volume numbers switched on title pages. xliii, 589; x, 600pp $35.
45. Hamilton, Kate W. Wood, Hay, and Stubble. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1886. 336pp $15.
46. Harper, James. An Exposition in the Form of Question and Answer of the Westminster Assembly’s Shorter Catechism. Pittsburgh: United Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1905. Paper call label on spine. Binding somewhat loose. 407pp $30.
47. Hazlitt, William and Alexander Chalmers. The Table Talk of Martin Luther, translated and edited by William Hazlitt. New Edition, to which is added the Life of Martin Luther, by Alexander Chalmers, with additions from Michelet and Audin. London: Bohn, 1857. Decorated cloth, somewhat unevenly faded, some chipping to top of spine. cii, 390pp $20.
48. Hervey, James. Meditations and Contemplations. Baltimore: William & Joseph Neal, 1833. Leatherbound with library sticker on spine. 3.5”x6” Ex-library with various stickers, stamps, and names inside front cover. 347pp $20.
49. Hodge, A. A. Evangelical Theology. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1990. (1st edition 1890) xli, 402pp $10.
50. Hodge, Charles. A Commentary on 1&2 Corinthians. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1988. (1st edition 1857) A Geneva Series commentary. No DJ. xxvi, 690pp $15.
51. Johnson, Thomas Carey. The Life and Letters of Benjamin Morgan Palmer. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1987. (First published 1906.) DJ, as new. x, 688pp. $30.
52. Johnson, Thomas Carey. The Life and Letters of Robert Lewis Dabney. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1977. (First published 1903.) DJ. xvi, 585pp. $35.
53. Jones, J. William. Christ in the Camp, or Religion in the Confederate Army. Harrisonburg, VA: Sprinkle, 1986. Illustrated. 624pp $30.
54. Kerr, Robert P. The People’s History of Presbyterianism in All Ages. Richmond, VA: Presbyterian Committee of Publication, 1888. Decorated cloth. 284pp. Illustrated. $20.
55. Knox, David Broughton. Not by Bread Alone: God’s Word on Present Issues. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1989. Paperback, as new. xii, 143pp $4.
56. Knox, John. The History of the Reformation of Religion within the Realm of Scotland, ed. C. J. Guthrie. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1982. (First edition 1898) Paperback. xxvi, 364pp. With illustrations. $5.
57.SOLD Lachman, David and Frank J. Smith, eds. Worship in the Presence of God. Greenville: Greenville Seminary Press, 1992. DJ. vii, 411pp $20.
58. Lloyd-Jones, D. M. The Puritans: Their Origins and Successors. Addresses Delivered at the Puritan and Westminster Conferences 1959-1978. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1991. DJ slightly scuffed at top corners, otherwise as new. xiii, 421pp $25.
59. Lowrie, Ernest Benson. The Shape of the Puritan Mind: The Thought of Samuel Willard. New Haven: Yale, 1974. Red staining on DJ. 253pp $18.
60. MacDuff, J. R. Tales of the Warrior-King: Life and Times of David King of Israel. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1895. Faded spine. xvi, 356pp. Illustrated. $25.
61. Machen, J Gresham. New Testament Greek for Beginners. New York: Macmillan, 1960. Owner’s name blacked out on DJ and inside front cover, pencil underlining in introduction. xii, 287pp $10.
62. Machen, J. Gresham. The Christian Faith in the Modern World. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1947. Biographical sketch pasted inside front cover, owner’s label. vi, 258pp $20.
63. Machen, J. Gresham. The Christian View of Man. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1947. Owner’s label inside front cover. vi, 302pp $20.
64. Macleod, John. Scottish Theology in relation to Church History since the Reformation. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth and Knox Press, 1974. (First published 1943, second edition 1946) DJ. x, 350pp. $25.
65. Manton, Thomas. The Complete Works of Thomas Manton, D.D. With Memoir of the Author by William Harris. Worthington, Pennsylvania: Maranatha, ND (1979). . (Reprinted from the James Nisbet, London edition of 1870.) 22 volumes, red cloth; new half-titles and titles have been printed for this Maranatha edition, but otherwise the contents are identicial to the 1870 edition from which it is taken. xxxii, 504pp, xix, 475pp, 494pp, 481pp, 503pp, viii, 495pp,vii, 492pp, viii, 498pp, viii, 492pp, viii, 490pp, vii, 493pp, vii, 494pp, vii, 492pp, vii, 489pp, vi, 499pp, vii, 494pp, vii, 504pp, viii, 495pp, vii, 496pp, viii, 512pp, viii, 488pp, 460pp. ***There is a memoir of the author by William Harris and an essay by J.C. Ryle. $450.
66. Mark Thoresby, or The Evangelist among the Indians: A Narrative of the Seventeenth Century. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1871. Decorated cloth. 351pp. $35.
67.SOLD Martin, Hugh. The Shadow of Calvary: Gethsemane—The Arrest – The Trial. Glasgow: N. Adshead & Son, 1955. (Reprinted from the first edition of 1875) 298pp $7.50 SOLD
68. Metheny, Mary E. Philip St. John. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board and Sabbath School, 1889. Decorated cloth. 300pp $20.
69. Mullens, Mrs. Hannah Catherine. Life by the Ganges, or Faith and Victory. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1867. 288pp. $35.
70. Murphy, Thomas. Pastoral Theology: The Pastor in the Various Duties of His Office. Introduction by Dr. David C. Lachman. Audubon, NJ: Old Paths Publications, 1996. 509pp. In original shrink wrap, as new with dust jacket. $25.
71. Murphy, Thomas. Pastoral Theology: The Pastor in the Various Duties of His Office. Introduction by Dr. David C. Lachman. Audubon, NJ: Old Paths Publications, 1996. 509pp. In original shrink wrap, as new with dust jacket. $25.
72.SOLD Murphy, Thomas. Pastoral Theology: The Pastor in the Various Duties of His Office. Introduction by Dr. David C. Lachman. Audubon, NJ: Old Paths Publications, 1996. 509pp. In original shrink wrap, as new with dust jacket. $25.
73.SOLD Murray, Iain H. The Puritan Hope: A study in Revival and the Interpretation of Prophecy. London: Banner of Truth, 1971. DJ, as new. xxv, 301pp FIRST EDITION $30.
74. Murray, John. The Epistle to the Romans: The English Text with Introduction, Exposition and Notes. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1968. (First published as two volumes, 1959 and 1965.) DJ, as new. xxv, 286pp. $25.
75. Myers, Robert Manson, editor. The Children of Pride: A True Story of Georgia and the Civil War. New Haven: Yale, 1972. No DJ. xxv, 1845pp, $30.
76.SOLD Myers, Robert Manson, editor. The Children of Pride: A True Story of Georgia and the Civil War. New Haven: Yale, 1972. DJ torn, staining on fore edges of pages. xxv, 1845pp, $30.
77. Myers, Robert Manson. A Georgian at Princeton. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1976. DJ. . Bar code sticker on back of jacket. 365pp $20.
78. Noble, Annette L. Jacob’s Heiress. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board and Sabbath School Work, 1894. Decorated cloth. 310pp. $25.
79. Norton, Herman. Record of Facts concerning the Persecutions at Madeira in 1843 and 1846: The Flight of a Thousand Converts to the West India Islands; and also, the Sufferings of those who arrived in the United States. Second edition with a supplement, sketching the history to October, 1849. New York: American and Foreign Christian Union, 1849. Browning. 6.25”x4.25” 228pp. Penciling inside rear cover. $30.
80. O’Shaughnessy, Tom. Terence O’Dowd; or Romanism To-day, An Irish Story, founded on Facts. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1887. Decorated cloth, ex library, sticker on spine. 350pp, $20.
81. Ozment, Steven E. The Reformation in the Cities: The Appeal of Protestantism to Sixteenth-Century Germany and Switzerland. New Haven: Yale University, 1980. Title mostly worn off spine. xi, 237pp. Underlining throughout. $10.
82. Piggin, Stuart and John Roxborogh. The St. Andrews Seven: The Finest Flowering of Missionary Zeal in Scottish History. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1985. Paperback. xi,130pp $5.
83.SOLD Plumer, William S. The Grace of Christ, or Sinners Saved by Unmerited Kindness. Keyser, West Virginia: Odom, ND, c.2000. (First edition 1853) As new. vi, 454pp $15.
84. Plumer, William S. Vital Godliness: A Treatise on Experimental and Practical Piety. Harrisonburg: Sprinkle Publications, 1993. (First edition 1864) As new. 610pp $20.
85. [Presbyterian] A Series of Tracts on the Doctrines, Order, and Polity of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. Embracing Several on Practical Subjects, Vol. 1. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, ND. From the University of Wooster library. Bottom of spine missing, blindstamped cover with gold Presbyterian Board crest. 360pp 9 tracts, including Miller on Baptism and on Presbyterianism. $25.
86. [Presbyterian] A Series of Tracts on the Doctrines, Order, and Polity of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. Embracing Several on Practical Subjects, Vol. 1. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, ND (mid-19th century).. Lacks spine, blindstamped cover with gold Presbyterian Board crest. 360pp 9 tracts, including Miller on Baptism and on Presbyterianism. $15.
87. [Presbyterian] Country Sights and Sounds for Little Eyes and Ears. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1864. 6”x 4” Penciling at front.108pp. Three illustrations, part of the Series for Youth. $15.
88. Princeton Sermons, chiefly by the Professors in Princeton Theological Seminary. New York: Fleming H. Revell, 1893. Top of spine loose, pencil markings. viii, 352pp $20.
89. [Puritan Divines] English Puritan Divines in the Reign of Queen Elizabeth: Cartwright and his Contemporaries. London: Nelson, 1848. 288pp $30.
90. Read, Hollis. The Hand of God in History; or, Divine Providence Historically Illustrated in the Extension and Establishment of Christianity. Hartford: H.E. Robins, 1851. Ex-library. x, 402pp $10
91. Reid, James. Memoirs of the Westminster Divines. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1982. (1st edition 1811) DJ, as new. xxxvi, 390pp $35.
92. Richard, James William. Philip Melanchthon: The Protestant Preceptor of Germany, 1497-1560. New York: G. P. Putnam’s, 1898. Illustrated, ex-library; call numbers on spine & check out paper at rear. xv, 399pp $15.
93. Rollock, Robert. Select Works of Robert Rollock, Principal of the University of Edinburgh. Reprinted from the Original Editions. Edited by William M. Gunn. Edinburgh: Wodrow Society, 1849. Two volumes, second marked 1844. Ex-library, but pages are un-cut in first volume. Pages at front through title pages are brittle and either detached or only partially attached in both volumes. Front hinges split, black library tape and call numbers on spines, blindstamped covers with gold initials on front. Previously owned by the Presbyterian Board of Publication Library and the Presbyterian Historical Society Library. xciii, 566; xxiv, 705pp. $50
94. Rutherford, Samuel. Fourteen Communion Sermons. Reprinted from the Second Edition, 1877. Edinburgh: James A. Dickson, 1986. DJ, as new. 362pp. $25.
95. Rutherford, Samuel. Fourteen Communion Sermons. Reprinted from the Second Edition, 1877. Edinburgh: James A. Dickson, 1986. DJ, as new. 362pp. $25.
96. Rutherford, Samuel. Letters of Samuel Rutherford, with a Sketch of his Life and Biographical Notices of His Correspondents by Andrew A. Bonar. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1984. (Reprinted from 1891 edition) No DJ. xx,744pp $30.
97. Ryle, J. C. Christian Leaders of the Eighteenth Century. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1978. (1st edition 1885) Paperback. 432pp $5
98. Sargent, John. The Life and Letters of Henry Martyn. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1985. (First published 1819) Paperback. xiv, 463pp $5
99. Schilder, K. Christ in His Suffering. Christ on Trial. Christ Crucified. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1938, 1939, 1948. Translated by Henry Zylstra. 3 Volumes. Blue cloth, several owners labels or stamps in each volume; top corner of first page missing in Volume 3. Light underlining and highlighting at the beginning of first and third volumes. 467, 549, 561pp $50.
100.SOLD Scotford, John. The Judd Family; or An Evening Visit, and what came of it. Being an elucidation of Baptism—Ceremonial and Spiritual—or, Scriptural Baptism. Ann Arbor: Dr. Chase’ Steam Printing House, 1869. Gold crest on cover, last three pages ripped at top not affecting text. 7”x4.5” 304pp $20.
101.SOLD Shepard, Thomas. The Parable of the Ten Virgins Opened and Applied. Ligonier, PA: Soli Deo Gloria, 1990. (First printed 1695, this reprinted from 1852 edition) 635pp $30.
102.SOLD Spring, Gardiner. Essays on the Distinguishing Traits of Christian Character. Boston: Doctinal Tract and Book Society, 1853. Paper library sticker on spine. xii, 214pp. $20. SOLD
103. Spring, Gardiner. The Bible Not of Man: or, The Argument for the Divine Origin of the Sacred Scriptures, Drawn from the Scriptures Themselves. New York: American Tract Society, 1847. Browning pages, paper library sticker on spine, bound upside-down. 319pp. $12.50
104. Spring, Gardiner. The Mercy Seat; thoughts suggested by The Lord’s Prayer. New York: M. W. Dodd, 1850. Ex-library, light brown spotting. Blindstamped brown cloth with call numbers on spine. vi, 383pp. $20.
105. Spurgeon, C. H. Spurgeon’s Prayers. Ross-shire, Scotland: Christian Focus Publications, 1993. Paperback, as new. 159pp $3.
106.SOLD Spurgeon, C. H. An All Round Mystery. London: Banner of Truth, 1972. (First edition 1900) Paperback, owners name and price on half-title. 399pp $4.
107.SOLD Spurgeon, C. H. C. H. Spurgeon The Early Years: 1834-1859, a revised edition of his autobiography, originally compiled by his wife and private secretary. AND C.H. Spurgeon Autobiography Volume 2: The Full Harvest, 1860-1892: a revised edition, originally compiled by Susannah Spurgeon and Joseph Harrald. London: Banner of Truth, 1967 and 1973. (First published 1897-1900) This two volume edition is a revised and shortened edition of the four volumes. Owner’s label in first volume. xviii, 562pp; xiv, 520pp $25.
108. Spurgeon, Charles H. Pictures from Pilgrim’s Progress: A Commentary on Portions of John Bunyan’s Immortal Allegory. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1982. (Reprinted from the 1903 edition) Paperback. 237pp $5.
109. Spurgeon, Charles Haddon. Around the Wicket Gate. Ross-shire, Scotland: Christian Focus Publications, 1987. Paperback, pages lightly toned, otherwise as new. 66pp $2
110. Spyri, J. Dorris and Her Mountain Home. Translated by Mary E. Ireland. Richmond, VA: Presbyterian Committee of Publication, 1902. 166pp By the author of Heidi. $30.
111. The Confession of Faith, together with The Larger Catechism and The Shorter Catechism with the Scripture Proofs, 3rd edition. Atlanta: Committee for Christian Education and Publications, PCA Bookstore, 1990. Paperback. xviii, 99, 151, 34pp $3.50
112. The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America containing the Confession of Faith, the Catechisms, and the Directory for the Worship of God: Together with the Plan of Government and Discipline, as Ratified by the General Assembly, at their Sessions in May, 1821; and amended in 1833. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1839. Black quarter leather with blue cloth boards, light brown spotting to pages. 4”x 6.25” 549pp $25.
113. The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America containing the Confession of Faith, the Catechisms, and the Directory for the Worship of God: Together with the Plan of Government and Discipline, as Ratified by the General Assembly, at their Sessions in May, 1821; and amended in 1833. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1839. Black quarter leather with green cloth boards, brown spotting to pages. 4”x 6.25” 549pp $15.
114. The Council of Trent: Comprising an Account of the Proceedings of that Assembly; and illustrating the Spirit and Tendency of Popery. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board, 1841. Ex-library, call numbers on back board, quarter black leather with front hinge split, brown spotting on pages. 4”x 6.25” 192pp $10.
115. The Night of Toil; or, A Familiar Account of the Labors of the First Missionaries in the South Sea Islands. Abridged. New York: American Tract Society, ND. Chipping at top of spine, ex library white call numbers on spine. 6.25”x 4.25” 236pp. $10.
116. Thomas, Gilbert. William Cowper and the eighteenth century. New and revised edition. London: George Allen, 1948. Owner’s label. ix, 347pp $20.
117. Tourgee, Albion W. Bricks without Straw, a Novel. New York: Fords, Howard, & Hulbert, 1880. Title embossed on cover. 521pp $25.
118. Tracy, Joseph. The Great Awakening: A history of the Revival of Religion in the time of Edwards and Whitefield. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1989. (1st edition 1842) DJ, as new. xviii, 433pp. $35.
119.SOLD Tyler, Bennet. Nettleton and His Labours: The Memoir of Dr. Asahel Nettleton, remodelled in some parts by Andrew A. Bonar. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1975. (1st edition 1854) Several tears to dust jacket, otherwise as new. xvi, 454pp $25.
120. Venn, Henry. The Letters of Henry Venn. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1993. (First published 1835) DJ. xvi, 594pp $17.50
121.SOLD Vincent, Thomas. The Shorter Catechism of the Westminster Assembly Explained and Proved from Scripture. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1980. (First published 1674) Puritan Paperback series, pages lightly toned. xii, 282pp
122. Webb, Robert Alexander. Christian Salvation, its Doctrine and Experience. Richmond: Presbyterian Committee, 1921. Faded spine. 437pp $25.
123. Westcott, Brooke Foss. A General Survey of the History of the Canon of the New Testament. Cambridge: Macmillan, 1889. Leatherbound with gold crest on front, nameplate inside front cover, penciling throughout. 5.25” x 7.5” lvi, 593pp $50.
124. Weymouth, Richard Francis. The New Testament in Modern Speech: An Idiomatic Translation into Everyday English from the Text of the Resultant Greek Testament. Newly Revised by James Alexander Robertson. New York: Harper, 1929. Some chipping to edges of front cover. xxii, 712pp $5
125. Wood, Skevington A. The Inextinguishable Blaze: Spiritual Renewal and Advance in the Eighteenth Century. London: Paternoster, 1960. DJ and plastic protective cover. 256pp. Brown spotting to page edges. $10.
126.SOLD Zanchius, Jerom. The Doctrine of Absolute Predestination Stated and Asserted with A Preliminary Discourse on The Divine Attributes. Translated by Augustus Montague Toplady. London: The Sovereign Grace Union, 1930. 170pp. Red underlining in text, owners name on title page. $25.